Welcome back to the section of the blog where the kids take over. Today we are sharing our recent video of a ride to harvest corn with our Uncle Mac of Born2Farm101.
A yearly tradition that has started since Mac joined our family is a day where our Aunt Rose and Uncle Mac take all of us boys out for a harvesting day. Mom gets a day off and we get a day of tractors, dirt and corn.
What more could some country boys ask for?!?!
Our Uncle Mac is pretty cool and he lets us take home a bag of corn every year that we use to play farm with in our bedroom. It’s more fun to play farming when you have real corn to work with harvesting.
Our First Corn Harvest (Kids On the Farm)
We spent the after noon creating this short educational video that your kids are sure to enjoy. We cover everything from how the combine works, harvesting, safety of harvesting, uses for corn and so much more.
Ride along with us as we harvest corn.
Time Stamps for Easy Watching:
- 0:10 – How does the head of the combine work?
- 0:41 – Learn about the drum of the combine and what it does.
- 1:29 – See inside the back of a combine and how it is built to sort the corn from the stalk.
- 2:04 – View the screens inside of the combine and learn how the machine is able to separate the corn plant pieces.
- 2:26 – Ride along as we start to harvest the field.
- 3:12 – Learn about the many uses of field corn today.
- 3:50 – Find out how the newly picked corn is sent to it’s next location.
- 4:31 – We talk safety of combining and working around large farm equipment.
- 5:54 – Unloading the corn from the combine into a grain cart.
- 6:19 – Our thanks for watching.
Thanks for Watching!
We appreciate you taking the time to watch our latest video. Be sure to subscribe to our channel so you will see our next video with our newest adventure.